Since you are looking for the best creatine for men and women, I can safely presume you are someone who loves working out. Getting the right supplements is important if you want to take your bodybuilding efforts to the next level whether you want to bulk up or get shredded to enhance muscle definition. Even though there are many brands that boast of being the best, not many can actually live up to their claims.
Top 3 Creatine Supplements for Men and Women
Listed below are some of the best creatine supplements that can help supercharge your energy and strength to help you get the best results from your workouts:
- Ultimate CRN5 from Crazy Nutrition
- Creatine HCL from Kaged Muscle
- Micronized Creatine Capsules from ON
Creatine Supplements Reviews
Now, that you are aware of the top brands, let’s discuss each of these in a bit more detail to find out what makes them better than a whole lot of other brands on the market.
1. Ultimate CRN5 From Crazy Nutrition – 5 Times More Power
When it comes to creatine supplements, I don’t think any other brand comes even close to CRN5 since it is likely to give your 5 times more power and strength as compared to most of the other brands out there.
But what makes it so effective?
Yep! That’s the main question.
Well, the answer is that it is a potent blend of 5 types of creatine that make it so unique and powerful. Among other ingredients, CRN5 includes:
- Creatine Monohydrate – This is perhaps the most well-known type of creatine and it is quite popular among bodybuilders when trying to build muscle and strength. It not only increases muscle mass in your body but is also highly effective in improving performance and enhancing endurance during long training sessions. Most importantly, it is supposed to be safe and free of all kinds of nasty side effects.
- Creatine Hydrochloride – This is yet another form of creatine that is highly effective in increasing muscle and strength. Most importantly, it is likely to be 30 times soluble in water as compared to creatine monohydrate. However, the effects take some time to kick in. Ideally, you must have it for at least 4 weeks to see the real benefit.
- Creatine Pyruvate – This is a kind of creatine that is likely to improve performance while doing strenuous exercises such as handgrips. This creatine is most preferred to increase energy and performance while doing high-intensity exercises.
- Creatine Ethyl Ester – This one is great for those that want to gain muscle or improve their body composition. In other words, it helps underweight guys to gain muscle quickly. It also boosts strength and endurance.
- Tri-Creatine Malate – This is highly effective for increasing stamina and may help you workout for longer durations resulting in better muscle and strength build up.
- Blends in 5 Types of Creatine
- Great for Increasing Strength and Power
- Increases Hydration
- Fuels ATP for Intense Power
- Ensures Rapid Recovery
- Recommended and Endorsed by Pros
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee
It is used, recommended, and endorsed by professionals that include the likes of Nick Manning, fitness model and Claire Aves, IFBB Figure pro. Not just this, it has been getting a lot o rave reviews from regular gymgoers.
- Great for boosting power
- Allows massive pumps
- Helps grow muscle and strength
- No known side effects
- Exciting user reviews
- 60 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 20% Off On Subscription Offers
- Available in just one flavor(though more should be available in the near future)
Price and Best Offers
A single tub of Intensive Ultimate CRN5 comes for just $29.99 but you can lock in at a 20% discount when you avail of the subscription offer. You can cancel this subscription any time you want without any hassles.
Furthermore, as soon as you place your order you get FREE Lifetime access to Muscle & Health magazine that comes with the latest interviews with the most jacked Hollywood guys, the latest in nutrition and science, training, techniques, and body reset programs.
What makes Ultimate CRN5 the best creatine supplement for men and women?
I think I don’t need to repeat that it combines 5 types of creatine to deliver a solid punch of power and strength. Moreover, it can help you train better than any other creatine on the market, which is what makes it so desirable. You must also combine it with one of the best pre-workouts for even better results.
What else do you need!
2. C-HCL Creatine Hydrochloride from Kaged Muscle
Kaged Muscle is Kris Gethin’s foray into the world of bodybuilding supplements and I must say that some of these supplements are simply great.
This creatine formula comes in the form of pills too rather than powder which makes it easier to carry around. You can just put the bottle in your gym bag and take it along even while you are traveling. If you do not like capsules, you can choose to have it in powder form.
More importantly, each pill of C-HCL consists of 750 mg of Creatine Hydrochloride per capsule which makes it better than most other competing brands on the market.
One of the biggest advantages of creatine hydrochloride is that it is more readily absorbed by your body as compared to creatine monohydrate. Thus, taking 750 mg of creatine hydrochloride is equivalent to having 5 mg of creatine monohydrate.
Each serving requires you to have a single capsule of C-HCL. A bottle of this creatine consists of 75 capsules. Moreover, the capsules are made with vegetable cellulose. What it means is that this product is vegan-friendly.
Here are some of the main features of this creatine:
- Better Bioavailability – One of the most important features of this creatine is that it comes with superior solubility and unmatches bioavailability. What it means is that this patented C-HCL works faster than most other brands on the market.
- Better Solubility – What gives C-HCL an edge is that it readily dissolves completely in water and is ready to drink within seconds. Unlike most creatine monohydrate supplements, it does not leave any residue behind. What it also means is that there is no wastage.
- Highly Absorbable – This creatine is not just highly absorbable but is also free of any kind of stomach and gut discomfort that might come with creatine monohydrate. Moreover, it is third-party tested for purity and is free of all banned substances. This is what makes it even more desirable.
- Premium Quality – This is a premium quality supplement. I don’t think there’s any other brand that sells creatine in pill form. As a matter of fact, this is an exclusive patented formula owned by Kaged Muscle and has been getting great user reviews too.
- Comes in Pill form
- Better than Creatine Monohydrate
- Highly Absorbable
- Massive Increase in Strength & Energy
- Ensures a Great Pump
- Exciting User Reviews
C-HCL is a patented formula that is likely to help you get better results than creatine monohydrate. It also gets to work faster and ensures a massive release of strength so that you can lift harder and heavier. It has been getting awesome user reviews too.
- Fast Acting Formula
- Easy to Consume and Carry
- Delivers Great Strength
- Suitable for Vegans
- No known side effects
- Exciting user reviews
- No Flavor
Price and Best Offers
Whether you choose to have it in powder or pill form, it is going to cost you just $19.99 a bottle/tub. It is quite economically priced which is another plus in its favor.
What makes C-HCL the best creatine supplement for men and women?
It is a fast-acting formula that can work better than any other creatine supplement on the market. Kris Gethin seems to have worked really hand behind this brand so as to deliver great value for money!
3. Micronized Creatine Capsules from Optimum Nutrition
ON or Optimum Nutrition is one of the most well-known and popular brands when it comes to bodybuilding nutrition and it seems to deliver great value for money when it comes to Micronized Creatine Capsules.
Unlike most brands, this one also comes in the form of capsules and is thus, very easy to carry especially while traveling.
It consists of 2.5 g of creatine monohydrate per serving. The most important benefit is that it supports muscle growth and an increase in your strength levels when combined with an intense training session.
It is very easy to use and has been getting excellent user reviews too.
- Creatine Monohydrate in Capsule form
- Increases Strength and Power
- Supports Muscle Growth
- Easy to Swallow
- No Side Effects
All you need is just 2 capsules per serving and you are ready to hit the gym for an amazing workout. One of the most interesting things is that you can use it both pre and post-workout. This is unlike most other creatine products that need to be used pre-workout.
It is available in 3 sizes including 100, 200, and 300 capsules.
- Easy to swallow
- Great for carrying around
- Excellent results
- Good user reviews
- Not for those who can’t swallow pills
Price and Best Offers
A single bottle of this creatine from ON comes for just $39.42 (300 capsules). The price for bottles with 100, and 200 capsules varies.
What makes Micronized Creatine Monohydrate from Optimum Nutrition the best creatine supplement for men and women?
It is no doubt one of the best options for those looking for a good creatine monohydrate formula in pill or capsule form. It is not just reasonably priced but is easy to use too. Interestingly enough, user reviews are just great for this product.
What is Creatine?
Creatine is a compound that is naturally created by your body. It is your liver that does the job and it consists of amino acids such as arginine, glycine and methionine. One of the most important functions of creatine is that it is used by your muscles to produce energy.
Now, the best food sources that can help your body create creatine include fish and meat. Having said that, vegetarians and vegans can get amino acids that produce creatine through plant-based foods.
How long has it been used as a sports supplement?
Creatine is not something new.
It is something that has been around for a few decades now. This supplement first emerged in the early 1990s and it still continues to be widely popular among gymgoers and bodybuilders.
What are the benefits of using creatine?
As anybody would have guessed, the number one benefit of creatine is that it can help amplify your energy and strength.
More power is likely to help you work harder for longer so that you can easily lift heavier weights and churn out those extra reps that are so very crucial to increase muscle size.
Moreover, creatine is like to increase protein synthesis in your body resulting in increase muscle mass.
Who can benefit from using it? Is it only really for very serious athletes?
This is one of the most commonly used bodybuilding supplements and anybody who lifts weights or does any kind of sport involving high-intensity movements is going to benefit from it.
Many football and rugby players also use creatine to get maximize their strength.
Creatine is a well-researched supplement and even though some people may get great results others may not benefit from it at all.
The only way to find out whether it works for you is by actually trying it yourself.
One thing which is pretty clear, however, is that it increases cell volume and some people report weight gain with it. This is why most people who compete in the weight category sports do not use it.
How often should you take it?
One of the best ways to begin with the creatine cycle is to start with a 5-day loading dose where you consume four doses of 5g each and then follow it up with the 5th dose of 2g per day.
By far, creatine is safe to use and most people do not experience any sort of side effects except for a few that notice water retention.
Even though there are various dosages that can be used for Creatine, the one listed above is what is most commonly used. Furthermore, it is also suggested that you continue this cycle for 3-4 months and follow it up with a break of one month before you begin it again.
Even though there is no conclusive evidence with regards to the best time to have it, the recommended approach is to have it after a meal and with 40-100 g of carbs.
Clinical studies do not reveal any major side effects but anecdotal evidence suggests that some of the side effects could include muscle cramps, stomach upsets, and even muscle damage. However, one of the main reasons behind such side effects is incorrect or overdosage.
Creatine remains one of the most popular bodybuilding supplements other than testosterone boosters. It is largely considered safe and does not have any side effects when taken in proper dosage. I have listed some of the best creatine brands above so that you can choose one for yourself to get better results in the gym.