If you are trying to find out the best time of day to inject testosterone then let me tell you that there’s nothing like that. You can basically inject testosterone at any time during the day or night and still be able to achieve the same results. It is more of a matter of personal preference since some want to have it injected during the daytime while others would want to have it during the night.
Some of the factors that could affect your decision with regards to the time of having yourself injected with a testosterone shot could be the time when your energy levels are high or when you have enough time to relax right after getting the shot or maybe even the time when there are least distractions so that there’s nothing or no one to distract you while having the T shot.
In this article, I am going to assess the pros and cons of injecting testosterone at various times of the day.
- What is the Best Time of the Day to Inject Testosterone?
- Things to Consider Before Deciding The Best Time To Inject Testosterone
- Different Ways To Administer Testosterone Injections
- Alternative to Test Injections
What is the Best Time of the Day to Inject Testosterone?
As stated above, there’s no definitive answer to this question. However, you may follow a general guideline.
1. Morning Injection
One of the most important known facts about testosterone is that your testosterone levels are known to be the highest in the morning (which is why most guys wake up with a solid erection). Thus, it is easy to deduce that having a testosterone injection in the morning is perhaps one of the best times to do so. It goes without saying that having a T shot early in the morning is going to give a boost to your energy levels and will also help improve your concentration throughout the day.
- Since your T levels are at their peak in the morning, it is a good idea to have a T shot early in the day so as to help you get the best results from the injection.
- This is likely to help you enjoy better energy levels and focus throughout the day.
- Since your testosterone levels are supposed to peak during the early morning hours, you might have to wake up earlier in order to take your injection. This could disturb your sleep which is not something you are going to like.
- Some people are likely to experience anxiety or irritability after getting a shot and this could affect their daily routine.
2. Evening Injections
There are some studies that suggest having testosterone shots in the evening may be more effective. They tend to stress the fact that your testosterone levels are already at their highest level in the morning and thus injections given at that time may be less likely to help you get the desired results.
On the other hand, injections given in the evening may be better able to raise your testosterone levels by mimicking your body’s natural circadian rhythm. Having said that, I must mention the fact that more study is needed to substantiate this claim.
- Since you don’t need to wake up earlier than usual, you are likely to be more rested and as a result likely to experience less morning fatigue.
- This seems like a better option for people who do not like waking up early in the morning or even for those that have a busy morning schedule.
- It is not uncommon for some people to experience a surge in their energy levels or anxiety after getting a testosterone injection and this might interfere with their ability to sleep at night. One of the ways to get over this problem is by having the T-shot early in the evening.
- It might disturb your evening routine if you want to relax after having a testosterone shot.
One of the most important things to consider is that your should not workout or train a body part right after injecting testosterone in it. For instance, if you choose to inject it in your thigh or hip, you should not train either of them right after you have had the injections since it can cause a lot of discomfort and can even result in the formation of painful lumps. Also, you must avoid having a T shot right before you hit the bed.
Things to Consider Before Deciding The Best Time To Inject Testosterone
Here are some factors that may play a role in deciding what time to choose for injecting testosterone:
1. Patient’s Age
TRT or Testosterone replacement therapy is supposed to be most effective in people who start it before they turn 50. Even though most men begin losing testosterone when they hit 30, the decline is gradual but it starts showing pronounced results by the time you are 50. Thus, the right time to start TRT is before you turn 50 so that it can be of maximum benefit.
2. How Fast You Want to Get Results
If you want to see results right after taking the shot, it’s best to have it early in the morning. This is because your testosterone levels are at their highest early in the morning and they start to decline as the day progresses.
Having said that, if you want to experience long-term results, then it is in your best interest to have Test shots in the evening when your test levels are the lowest so that your body can absorb more testosterone (from injections).
3. Consider the half-life of Testosterone
The half-life is the amount of time that a compound takes to lose half of its potency. Testosterone shots have a short half-life which means that they must be taken at short intervals or more frequently to ensure optimum levels of testosterone in your body at all times.
Testosterone shots come in the form of different esters such as enanthate, cypionate, decanoate, propionate, etc. Thus, you need to consider their half-life before you decide what time of the day you need to have a shot. In the case of esters that have a long half-life, time does not matter.
Different Ways To Administer Testosterone Injections
There are two main ways in which you can get a testosterone shot injected into your body:
1. Intramuscular Injection
This is the most common and popular way of getting a T shot. The needle of the T shot is injected into the thigh, hip, or upper arm. However, most guys prefer to have it injected into the upper outer quarter of the hip.
However, it is important to avoid injecting into the vein. In order to do so, you need to pull back the plunger after inserting the needle and if see blood in the syringe, remove the needle and try again with a fresh needle. More often than not, intramuscular injections are usually given every one or two weeks.
- It is easy to get a large dose in one go. What it means is that it is easy to keep blood levels of testosterone more stable.
- Shows faster results than pills or other methods since shots bypass the digestive system
- Shots also tend to ensure better accuracy in terms of dosages since there is no wastage (since it does not have to pass through the digestive tract).
- Injections can be painful and can often result in pain or soreness at the site where the shot is injected.
- It may take longer to reach the bloodstream when it is injected intramuscularly.
- The needle used should be long enough to reach the muscle layer piercing through blood vessels or nerve endings and it may also require medical supervision which comes at a cost too.
2. Subcutaneous Injections
Subcutaneous injections involve injecting the medication just beneath the skin into the fat layer. Insulin and many other medications are injected like this and some of the common sites for such injections include belly fat, love handle fat, or glute fat.
- First of all, you need to clean the site of the injection with the help of an alcohol swab.
- Then the needle is inserted at a 45-degree angle and the medicine is injected.
- It is important to make sure that the needle is long enough to reach the muscle tissue beneath the fat layer so that the medicine is properly absorbed into the bloodstream.
Subcutaneous injections are safe and highly effective. They are not just used for injecting Insulin but are also safe for many other medications including testosterone.
- Less painful than intramuscular injections because of fewer nerve endings
- It allows slow and even releases of medication into the body which not only helps reduce side effects but also makes the medicine more effective.
- It is quite easy to self-administer and you may do it yourself without any medical supervision. Thus, it saves time and money required for visiting a doctor.
- One of the main differences between intramuscular and subcutaneous injections is that subcutaneous injections require a shorter needle. On the face of it, it might seem less painful but the fact is that injecting testosterone through such a needle could make the injecting process more difficult and uncomfortable.
- It can lead to tissue damage and may also lead to infection. However, this is something that can happen even in the case of intramuscular injections.
Alternative to Test Injections
Even though TRT can be effective it carries a lot of TRT risks too. One of the best ways to boost your testosterone levels is with the help of natural testosterone boosting supplements that are a mix of natural or herbal ingredients that can help stimulate testosterone production in your body.
Such testosterone supplements are immensely popular and have been a massive hit with men trying to get better results in the gym, as well as those that want to get over the effects of low testosterone. Even though there are many brands on the market, there are few that can help you get the same results as Testogen, which boasts of selling to more than 116,000 men around the world. Check out the Testogen review by clicking here.